High Current Test Set; 600A –
The Model MS-2 is a self-contained test set that incorporates a variable high-current output and appropriate control circuitry and instrumentation for testing thermal, magnetic or solid-state motor overload relays; molded-case circuit breakers; and ground-fault trip devices.
Model MS-2 is capable of testing the time-delay characteristics of motor overload relays and molded-case circuit breakers rated up to 125 amperes, when following the recommended test procedure of testing the time delay of these devices at three times their rating.
Higher currents are available for the short durations required to test an instantaneous trip element. For example, the test set will provide a maximum short-duration output of 600 amperes through a typical, 125 ampere, molded-case circuit breaker.
Additional applications include verifying the ratio of current transformers and testing panelboard ammeters and voltmeters
- Digital memory ammeter: High-accuracy, direct-reading instrument has read-and-hold memory for measurement of short-duration currents.
- Digital, multirange timer: Crystal-controlled, high-accuracy instrument with autoranging measures operating time to 1 millisecond.
- High-current output: Provides instantaneous currents up to 600 amperes through a 125 ampere breaker.
- Rugged and lightweight: Unit weighs only 33 lb (15 kg) and is tough enough to withstand daily field or plant use.
- Solid-state output initiate circuit: Solid-state circuit eliminates need for contact maintenance.
There are no reviews yet.