Hipot; 80kV, DC –
The 800PL Series DC hipot testers are an economical solution to DC field testing of cables, terminations, motors, generators and other electrical apparatus. Models 815PL and 880PL10-MA offer 15kV or 80kV respectively. All models are self-contained in a single, rugged and durable enclosure, which is complete from input line cord to high voltage output cable. Cable storage space is conveniently located inside.
The 800 Series testers feature accurate kV meter readings regardless of load current. Accurate voltage and current measurements are assured via voltage readings that are taken directly at the output of the high voltage transformer and current measurements are taken in the return leg. Safe discharging of both the test object and the high voltage transformer occur whenever the high voltage is turned off. Output power is provided by means of a full-wave voltage doubling rectifier circuit with silicon rectifiers.
- Rugged, portable single-piece construction
- Shielded output cable
- Full-wave voltage doubling rectifier circuit
- Zero start interlock and guard circuit
- Internal discharge solenoid
- Meter accuracy 2% full scale
- 10 mA current rating for cable charging
- External interlock provisions
- Three range voltmeter
- Four range current meter
- No internal leakage at full load
- Instantaneous overload relay
- Surge-limiting resistors in HV output