The AmpFlex is a flexible AC current probe composed of a flexible sensor and an electronic module. The flexible sensor permits measurements on conductors where standard clamp-on probes cannot be used. Measurement range is 5 to 1000A. Output signal is 10mV/A and 1mV/A. Sensor length is 36″.
The AmpFlex is a flexible AC current probe composed of a flexible sensor and an electronic module. The flexible sensor permits measurements on conductors where standard clamp-on probes cannot be used. In particular, it can be installed in tight spaces, around cable bundles, around wide or large bus bars, or even wrapped around irregular shapes. The Shape Memory feature enables the user to pre-shape the sensor before inserting it between or around conductors. This feature facilitates positioning the sensor around the conductor, enhances user safety, and alleviates the drooping effect associated with other flexible sensors.
The AmpFlex is lightweight and does not use magnetic cores like standard transformers. The transformation principle is based on an air core. It presents virtually no load to the system under test, has a low phase shift and excellent frequency response, and cannot be damaged by current over- loads. The sensor assembly is water- proof and insulated for 1000V working voltage.
- Models ranging from 30Arms to 30,000Arms
- Accuracy 1% of Reading
- TRMS measurements when connected to a TRMS instrument
- No core saturation or damage if overloaded
- Overrange LED for measurement circuitry
- EN 61010, 1000V Cat. III, CE Mark
- Waterproof sensor
- 9V battery, provides typical 150 hr continuous operation
- Shape Memory for custom pre-shaping of sensor before use (no drooping)
- Very high frequency response
- Low phase shift for power measurements
- Insensitive to DC, measures only AC component on DC + AC signals
- Excellent linearity